Our group meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:15 pm at members’ homes for book discussion and dessert, beginning our year in August. The last meeting of the year in June is a dinner where we select books for the following year. We read a mix of fiction and non-fiction.
Book selections for 2016-2017:
- Lady Susan (Love & Freindship) by Jane Austen (2016 film Love & Friendship) (August)
- The Taming of the Queen by Phillipa Gregory (September)
- A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers (October)
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen (Pulitzer Prize) (November)
- No meeting (December)
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (2 meetings) (January)
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (author Pulitzer Prize for biography of Washington)(February)
- H is for Hawk by Helen McDonald (Samuel Johnson Prize) (March)
- The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George (April)
- The Girls by Emma Cline (debut novel) (May)
- Organizing meeting– pick books for 2017-2018
Contact person for the group is Cindy Silva.