Our group meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:15 pm at members’ homes for book discussion and dessert, beginning our year in September. The last meeting of the year in June is a dinner where we select books for the following year. We read a mix of fiction and non-fiction. New members are welcome.
Book selections for 2017-2018:
- Sept 26th:: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- Oct 24th:The underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Nov 28th: 1984 by George Orwwell
- December – no meeting
- Jan 23rd: The Muralist by B. A. Shapiro
- Feb 27th: The Man in the Sharkskin Suit by Lucetta Lagnado
- Mar 27th: Shame by Salman Rushdie
- Apr 24th: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- May 22nd: Churchill and Orwell by Thomas E. Ricks.
Contact person for the group is Cindy Silva.