Fourth Tuesday Evening Book Club
Our group meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:15 pm at members’ homes for book discussion and dessert, beginning our year in September. The last meeting of the year in June is a dinner where we select books for the following year. We read a mix of fiction and non-fiction.
Contact person for the group is Cindy Silva.
Book selections for 2017-18
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson (September)
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (Pulitzer Prize, National Book Award) (October)
- 1984 by George Orwell (November)
- No meeting (December)
- The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro (January)
- The Man in the Sharkskin Suit by Lucette Lagnado (February)
- Shame by Salman Rushdie (March)
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (April)
- Churchill & Orwell by Thomas E. Ricks (May)
- Organizing meeting– pick books for 2018-19
Third Tuesday Afternoon Book Club
Our group meets at 1:00 pm on the third Monday. We share enthusiasm and information about books we are currently reading. Join us to discover new authors and titles. Contact Kate Quick.
Our interest group chairs would love to hear from you! Please fill out an online form and we will get in touch with you shortly.